In our last blog, we talked about the Initial Pitch Email as well as the Most Important When Pitching to a Meeting Pro. In Part 3, we will explore 5 Email Subject Lines that you can try the next time you pitch yourself as a guest speaker.
5 Email Subject Lines to Try Next Time You Pitch Yourself as a Guest Speaker
1) Last-Minute Guest Speaker Available
2) Your area of expertise Expert Available to Speak at Your Next (insert organization’s name) Meeting
3) [Luncheon Speaker] Legal Tips to Help Your Members
4) Workshop Presenter/ Down to Earth Techie/ Brief Topic Overview Enclosed
5) Fun & Informative Presenter for Your Next Group Function
Use these to reach out to different organizations or get creative and make some that fit you and your topics.
Before you even consider pitching yourself as a Guest Speaker, it’s important that you have a professional speaker bio before you pitch your speaking services. A standard bio is usually one, single-sided, 8.5 X 11 page or one screen with links to examples.
Your Speaker Kit should include the following:
– Professional hi-resolution headshot in a jpg file
– Credentials – education, certifications, designations, awards
– Experience – past speaking gigs, clients or events where you’ve spoken
– Sample Topic Titles & Descriptions
– Your Contact Information – cellphone, website, email address & social links
Keep in mind that once you secure a speaking opportunity, and you do a great job of delivering value, you can almost always return each year and present to the same organization. You will need to broaden your topics, but the relationship is established.
Start gaining more business through public speaking. Remember, there are organizations in your own town that meet every month for luncheons and dinners. They are always looking for speakers. Get in front of them and watch your business grow!
Need help making this happen. Learn from those who have gone before you and succeeded. Learn more about Engaging Speakers at https://engagingspeakers.com/
Gail Brown, Founder of Engaging Speakers, email@example.com