In our last blog series, “Crafting Your Signature Speech”, we talked about your motivation behind writing your signature speech and how it should be structured. Now let’s talk about how to monetize it. Jen Coffel, CEO of Engaging Speakers, has earned over $105,000.00 in client income from the last 5 speeches she has delivered, not from speaking fees. Let’s look at some tips to help you monetize your signature speech.
You monetize your speech within the structure of your presentation, because you started with the offer in mind. During your presentation, you are building the know, like and trust factor as well as why you are uniquely qualified to help them. You are offering them a free resource to start building the relationship and further nurturing it with a complimentary coaching session. Now what else can you do the continue the conversation.
1) Within 24 – 48 hours, be sure to add them to your email list, if they haven’t already received their free resource through your capture page.
2) Within 24 – 48 hours, confirm the complimentary coaching sessions with an email confirming the date and time of the call (Tip: be sure that the time is confirmed in your time as well as their time, if they are in a different time zone).
3) Develop layers to your business…your ladder to success. Put together different products or services in accelerating steps, so that you have something for everyone’s budget and schedule. Example: You may have a book that outlines your process or a workshop that gives them a start or your group coaching program or your one-on-one coaching, or a mastermind or a retreat that walks them through your process with follow-up coaching. In other words, a variety of products or services that fits their needs and their budgets.
4) During the complimentary coaching session, you can ask them to recall when you asked them during your presentation what they would do if they had all the courage they needed. Then let them share what they would do. After that ask them what kind of impact it would make on their life, if they did that thing. Listen carefully. They will give you clues of what they want and what the need. If you have your ladder of success, then you can help them see where they fit best in your program at that given time.
5) Follow-up with the person who invited you to present and ask for a testimonial written or video that you can use on your website and on social media. You can also ask them for referrals to other organizations that might be a good audience for your presentation.
6) If you did a superb job in presenting your signature speech, there will most likely be someone in the audience who will want you to present your signature talk to their audience.
Monetizing your signature speech helps you build your client list, your email list and your bank account while helping others achieve the results they seek.
If building your business through public speaking sounds like a monumental task, then seek out your friends at Engaging Speakers for a helping hand. https://engagingspeakers.com/
Gail Brown, Founder of Engaging Speakers, email@example.com