In my last blog, we discussed the foundation of crafting your signature speech. Today, we will explore the framework of a signature speech.
1) We begin with the end in mind. What is your offer that will solve a big problem in your target market? What do you want your audience to do? Once you have determined that, then you can reverse engineer the speech to get the result you seek.
2) Start your speech with three questions to ask the audience as an opening attention grabber. Please don’t repeat what your introducer just shared with the audience (Hi, my name is….). They are already excited to hear you. Start by disrupting their thinking and grabbing their attention.
3) Share your personal transformation story. This will help to connect you emotionally with your audience and help them understand why you understand and are qualified to help them.
4) Determine 3 – 5 points (7 maximum) that you would like to make to bring your audience to the action you want them to take.
A) Find a story in your life experiences that would bring each point to
life. The story should sing the message of that point. Les Brown
says, “Every point should have a story and every story should have a
B) Show with each point what the outcome would be if they don’t take
action in this area.
C) Share how working with you has helped others get the results they
seek (examples of clients you’ve helped).
5) Then ask them to think for 20 seconds what they would do if they had all the courage needed. How would that impact your life? Then, don’t speak… be silent and let them dream.
6) Give the offer. First, give your free resource (lead magnet) to gift them while building your list. Build your business by giving. This is the beginning of building a long-term relationship with your audience members. Then, offer a limited number of i.e. complimentary coaching sessions, or whatever your offer is for a limited time. Example: I have reserved 20 openings on my calendar in the next month for 1-hour complimentary coaching sessions for the first 20 people who sign up with my assistant at my table.
7) Follow-up within 24 – 48 hours with those wanted your free resource and with those who signed up for the complimentary coaching session.
This will give you a great start to crafting your signature speech. But if it all seems like a bigger task than you are equipped for, then contact your friends at Engaging Speakers and learn how a supportive community of people who are on the same journey as you are, can be of help. https://engagingspeakers.com/
Gail Brown, Founder of Engaging Speakers, email@example.com